It’s been nearly three weeks since I’ve written a blog and Nancy left me a note before she went to work to write one. It’s not that there is nothing going on – it’s really that I’ve been too lazy to write. Nancy’s shoulder surgery was a success! She is working her buns off to get more mobilization with her left arm and shoulder. A little thing like removing an 8 inch titanium rod and five screws from her arm is not going to keep her down.
On a daily basis, Nancy goes through an hour of stretching and weights to improve the strength and flexibility in her shoulders. After that, depending on the day and what hours she is working, she powerwalks with me outside or goes to the clubhouse to ride the stationary bikes or hikes the mountain as she calls it on the treadmill. That last one is a killer… she sets the treadmill on a slight incline and increases a half a degree each 5 minutes. Doesn’t sound like much until you get up to 8-9 degrees of incline…ouch!! She refuses to let a little thing like shoulder surgery get in her way. She is one determined lady! She can hardly wait to hike, bike and kayak again. Three weeks down…three weeks to go. Then she can do all those things again!!
For those who are joining us at Cheraw State Park in September, we can’t wait and we will be ready to enjoy kayaking and hiking and laughing :o))
Here are a few pictures from last years trip to Cheraw.It is a beautiful State Park!! I just checked the Cheraw SP web site and there are still 4 sites available if anyone is interested in joining the gang. Nancy and I will be there from Thursday, Sept 8th and leave on Monday, Sept 12th. Some are coming earlier and staying longer!
As far as the selling of our house goes we have mixed emotions. On the positive side we have had eleven (11) showings since we contracted with a new Real Estate agent on the 14th of June with the 12th showing already scheduled for this week. That’s the good news. The bad news is that we have not received one offer! The feedback on our showings has also been positive – the house shows like a model home and the price is right. That being said, I don’t know why we haven’t gotten an offer, even a low-ball offer. I called our agent and asked “Why?” The answer always seems to be the same – “maybe we should drop the price.”
At this point, I am going to take editorial license and vent my feelings. We have had two homes in our neighborhood go under contract in the last month – one higher priced than ours and one lower priced than ours. They are the first homes in a year that have sold. So, there is hope. However, our agent suggested that maybe we should lower our list price by 5 %. We have lowered it twice before, so, I suggested to him that we would lower the price if he was willing to lower his commission. That was a big NO from him! So, lowering the price from me was also a big NO. If I honestly believed that our home was overpriced I would lower it immediately, but, the feedback says it’s not. As long as we get lots of showings I think our position is to stand pat on the price. I just wish the agents would suggest something other than lowering the price. I was so frustrated (angry) and asked him what other ideas or solutions (other than dropping the price) he was going to change to market our home. I got the standard “I will continue to call and get as many qualified showings and hopefully get you an offer.” As Howard Payne would say “sheesh!”
Bottom line is that we will keep the house in show condition and keep our fingers crossed. As Nancy says “it will happen when it’s supposed to happen.” Sometimes, I hate it when I know she’s right!!!