FLORIDA TRIP – Travel Day to Hillsborough River SP – Sunday, January 9, 2011

It got chilly last night, down around freezing. Nancy told me this morning she had to turn up the portable heater last night. I slept like a rock from all the walking we did. Nancy informed me I was snoring LOUDLY…sorry ‘bout that!!

We were both up before 6am and quickly decided it was a 2 cup coffee morning before we ventured outside.
Bill in his new office...love the pants!!

Nancy was working on all the pictures she had taken yesterday. I was working on keeping my eyes open and avoiding the unheated bath house. Believe me, I was wide awake when that cold air hit me after the shower.

We had breakfast before leaving around 10am and heading south on I-75 towards Hillsborough River State Park just north of Tampa. Fortunately, the 175 mile trip was uneventful. We stopped at a Florida Rest Stop for lunch and later we stop for fuel.

Marine watching the Marine Convoy pull into rest stop

The 3 hour trip was very pleasant as I watched the outside temperature rise from 36 degrees when we left to 66 degrees when we arrived. WOOOHOOO!!

After we parked the Van and got connected, we unloaded the bikes for a quick ride around the park.
Our Site 82

It is a little over 2 miles around the main loop road. We were scoping out where the hiking trails, canoe launches and other activities are located.
Tomorrow will be a full day of exploring. We have a 30% chance of rain, so I doubt that the kayak will come out tomorrow.

The rest of the afternoon was spent relaxing. Nancy played with her pictures and I wrote the blog. We had “FAKE” chicken burgers -- my personal favorite ;o( -- with baked beans, coleslaw and apple sauce for dinner. Just kidding dear…. Another wonderful day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment