Happy Mother's Day - Sunday, May 9, 2010

To all our Friends and Family who are Mother's, today is your day! 

As my children will tell you, I am not much into holidays that are created by Hallmark.  But, in this busy world, I guess it does make you stop and reflect just a bit on being a mom and thanking the moms you know.  We should do it more often, without a holiday, but I am afraid life gets in the way!

So today, I (Nancy, not the usual writer) did think about being a mom and the special people that have come into my life, simply because I chose to be a mom.  

My daughter and son, Julie and Brian, both light up a room to this day.  They are so full of life and joy.  Their positive, can-do attitude is contagious!

Julie and Brian are both married, so I have another "son" and "daughter." 

Steve and Chris bring so much to our family.  It just seems like they have always been part of our family.

Now our family of 6 has grown to 10!!  What fun are our grandchildren!!  Julie and Steve have their hands full with the four of them. 
Two boys, Andrew and Daniel

Two girls, Emily and Samantha.

There is one other person that is at the beginning of all of this -- My Mother, Elsie.  We are fortunate to still have one of our parents living.  My mom makes 4 generations of moms or future moms -- HOW GREAT IS THAT!?!?


Well, I hope you all spend your day in a way that makes you the happiest.  Bill and I just returned from our Sunday morning bicycle ride.  It is my favorite time to ride.

HAPPY  MOTHER'S  DAY!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great family! Happy Mother's Day to all of you!

    ReplyDelete